Sunday, May 4, 2008

3 Months Old!

Okay, so I'm a day early. I know I won't have time to post tomorrow on their "official" 3-month birthday, so I figured better early than never.

I can't believe the girls are three months old! They have changed so much and have come so far -- it still amazes me. Abby is still our big girl, but Emily has really made great strides in the last month. She really has changed the most and never ceases to amaze me.

Both girls have really developed greater upper body strength in the last couple of weeks. They can hold their heads up for greater lengths of time. I tested their ability this morning and put them in their Bu.m.bo seats for the first time (pictures are below -- thank you cousin Cheryl for the seats!). Both girls looked absolutely adorable and just like little people sitting in their seats. Emily especially -- she is just so tiny -- but mighty!

We were supposed to go on our first adventure out of the house yesterday, but I developed my first cold since before I was pregnant -- so erring on the side of caution, we decided to stay home. We felt it wasn't a good idea to coop the girls up in a car ride for 45 minutes with me hacking away, exposing them to my germs. We were going to go to Grandma Aiello's house -- she thankfully understood why we couldn't come -- and they will get to see her next week for Mother's Day.

I am looking into where to take the girls for their first "professional" photos! Jc.Penny always sends coupons, so I am considering them, but there is also a portrait studio in BRU that I might try. We shall see -- I'm sure no matter where I go, I will be delighted to have professional pictures of the girls to share with everyone! I even have outfits already picked out for the photo shoot! Can you tell I 'm a little excited?

What I'm not so excited about is that my vacation from "AF" is sadly over. She rolled back into town on Thursday. I had a feeling she was on her way, especially since my milk supply has greatly reduced since I returned to work. I knew I wasn't producing enough to enjoy a more lengthy vacation away from my dear old aunt. How sad since I just stopped postpartum bleeding when the girls were 10 weeks, so I really only enjoyed about two weeks of freedom.

Aside from that -- things here are good. The weather is hopefully going to warm up soon and we can soon begin to live like a normal little family...

Have a great week everyone!

Emily in her Bu.mbo Seat

Abby in her Bu.mbo seat

The girls enjoying thei Bu.mbo's -- Abby is sneaking a smile!

Emily crossing her legs on her Bo.ppy

Emily smiling for the camera!

2 comments:

Adriane said...

Happy 3 month bday!! The pictures are so cute!!!! I love bum.bo seats!!

Sorry you aren't feeling well - hope you are better soon. BOOOO for the arrival of AF!

Rick Aiello said...

That picture of Abby sneaking a smile looks so much like Geoff it's eerie. They're getting so big I can't believe it! I can't wait to see them again. Thinking of you lots... see you this weekend!