Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Where Does All of My Time Go?

Okay, being back to work stinks -- well not entirely. I like the fact that I am out in the working world again, using my brain and interacting with other people who can actually talk back to me. What really stinks is leaving my girls every morning. The first morning was really hard -- I fought back tears and then gave up. I cried on my way to work with the images of little Abby and Emily in my head. But each day, it gets easier, and being away from them during the day makes my time with them in the evening all that more meaningful.

Last night as I sat on the couch holding Emily, I could swear I felt an "energy" between us. Holding her felt amazing to me and I got teary eyed as I felt her fall limp in my arms as soon as I picked her up. Of course I like to chalk that up to "she knew she was in mommy's arms." On another note -- Abby smiled at me for the first time as a response to my voice. I walked into their bedroom as Peg was feeding Abby, and I began to speak to her saying "hi Abby, how is mommy's little girl this morning?" -- and I got the biggest, gummy smile ever from her, and not just one -- I got three! Oh did that melt my heart. Of course I started to cry and that image was in my head all day at work.

So -- overall, things are going well. I miss the girls like crazy, but they seem to be doing well and it helps a lot knowing that they are being taken care of by people I know and trust.

Here are a few pictures to leave you all with for at least another week. If there is one thing that work is doing -- leaving me with little to no time to do much of anything extracurricular.

Emily at bath time

Abby "the duck" not happy after bath time.

Emily sleeping on daddy's chest.

Emily making faces for the camera.

2 comments:

Adriane said...

Good to hear an update from you! I can't imagine how hard it was to leave the girls and get back to work!!! they are getting so big! Love that Abby smiled at you!

Lisa said...

They are getting so big! I love that you are getting lots of gummy smiles! Love those!