I'm sad. I leave my girls tomorrow and return to the working world.
I have been at home for almost six months! Can you believe it? Thirteen and a half weeks on bed rest and 10 weeks at home with a few weeks in the hospital thrown in there for good measure. I don't know if I know how to get up and go to a real job, I'm so out of practice!
I have my new outfit all picked out and ready to go. I have a plan in my head, but knowing how things have been going lately, the girls will throw a wrench into that plan. I had so many things I wanted to get done this weekend and I got very few of them done. I have piles of laundry that needs folding, I have piles of stuff that has accumulated that I was going to organize and put into banker's boxes. I was going to transition the girls from getting baths in the morning to nights (which I did, but I forgot about it and did it at the last minute) and had a meltdown in the middle of bath-time.
This week is going to be crazy! Just CRAZY! But -- we will survive. We always find a way.
Thank God we have in-home child care. I can't imagine getting the girls all dressed and into their car seats and then having to LEAVE them at some strange place with strange people! Thank you again to Peg and Tiffany -- you both are our saviors!
Well, it is almost 11:30, and I have to be "on" for my first day of work tomorrow. I still don't know what time I am going to "wake up" tomorrow.
I hate starting new jobs -- I hate being the new girl. I hate the thought of leaving my girls. But -- it all has to be done. Until Geoff and I win the Lottery (which I understand you actually have to play to win) -- we both have to work.
Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck at your new job! I'm sure things will be fine! And you have something to look forward to at the end of the day-those beautiful babies!
They are getting so big! And it's funny because Nicholas is so much bigger than Anthony too. Stop by the board when you get a chance!
Hey Beffer. You've been in my thoughts all day. I hope your first day wasn't too stressful. Call when you get a chance.
The girls are just so cute I can't even stand it. I can't wait to see them again!
Love
Rick
Post a Comment