Roxie sniffing Abby's foot.
Roxie has developed this "mother hen" thing with the girls. Today I was in the living room feeding Emily while Abby was in the Pack N Play and Roxie came into the room, walked over to the Pack N Play, stuck her nose over the edge to look in on Abby. Then, once satisfied on her status, walked over to each boucy seat, sniffed them, came over to me sniffed Emily's foot and proceeded to sit down in front of us.
Earlier in the afternoon she came upstairs to lay in front of our new glider as I sat and rocked the girls for an afternoon nap. She frequently sleeps on the landings that lead upstairs -- I take this as her attempting to be a guard dog. If anyone tries to break in, she will lick them to death.
The downside to having Roxie around the girls? She likes to eat pacifiers -- I'm sure all dogs do. I wonder why she eats them? She is not a destructive dog whatsoever, I would understand that she would want to play with them. In the almost two years we've had her, she has only destroyed three things. A basket, a baseball hat and a bottle of lotion -- a very werid combination, I know. So far we have only lost two pacifiers to her and those have just had the little nubs bitten off -- she must think it's a little treat. I just wish I could catch her in the act -- I would love to get a picutre of her walking around with a pacifier in her mouth!
I just can't wait for the girls to be big enough to play with her -- she will be in doggie heaven with all of that attention!
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Roxie and the Girls
People often ask us "how is Roxie doing with the girls?" Roxie is doing so well with them -- you can tell she is very fascinated with them. Last weekend while my brother was taking pictures of the girls, he captured a couple of times where Roxie snuck in a kiss. We are always chasing her away from the girls. She is in no way aggressive with them -- all she wants to do is get close enough to kiss them and show them how much she loves them... either that, or they smell like a combination of breast milk and formula and Roxie wants to get anything remaining on their face licked off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great pics of Roxie and the girls! It's wonderful that she is adjusting to them and feels protective - very sweet!!!! Oh, and congrats on the new job!
I didn't even realize I had captured all those shots of Roxie sneaking the kisses. How adorable! I think it's so awesome how Roxie has already appointed herself guardian to the girls. She is an amazing dog. Spastic and a bit goofy, but really amazing. I love that crazy mutt. :) Love you too! Can't wait to see everyone again! xo Rick
Roxie Rocks! I am such a dog lover...she reminds me of the female version of my Thor! Blake loves Thor and he sneaks lots of little kisses too...Blake giggles so hard when he does it! you will love it when that starts up!
Post a Comment