Saturday, July 12, 2008

Five Months Old!

I'm a little behind -- they're actually 5 months and 7 days now. So much is going on, the girls are changing every day. We are going on week 3 of solid foods, we start barley cereal on Saturday. I was hesitant to start barley at first, bacause it is gluten, and I have Celiac Disease, but in order for us to test them to see if they have CD, they must ingest gluten -- so we will have some blood work done at their 6-month check-up. That might be too early to test, but at least it will give me peace of mind for now, and I will push for periodic testing throughout their first years in addition to being on the lookout for symptoms. I need to educate myself more on how the disease is found in infants/young children since I wasn't diagnosed until I was 32.

Geoff has been tinkering with videos lately -- we have one of Abby and one of Emily. Here is Abby's for now -- I will have to post Emily's next.

This is Abby's new talent. She just started doing it one day and was highly amused by it. I asked Geoff if he was teaching her to do this -- figuring most dads would probably get a kick out of teaching their kids to make fart noises, but he swears he had no part in her learning this new trick.

Enjoy!

No comments: