Monday, October 27, 2008

We're Back (and almost 9 months old!)

We're back! I can't explain what caused such a long absence -- I truly was experiencing some technical difficulties with Blogger... but I have resolved those difficulties, and here I am!

There is so much to catch up on... and so little time. So here is the Reader's Digest version of what has transpired in the last month and a half...
Abby - My how she has grown! I can't keep up with her growth. Finding pants to fit her is a challenge. I fear that we are feeding her too much (everyone comments... "what are you feeding her?"). We have just done as the doctor's have told us "feed on demand" -- I guess she demands a lot! She really isn't a fussy eater -- no joke! She has finally learned to like being on her tummy and has also finally learned how to roll over! She is such a strong little girl -- she can actually stand when mommy or daddy hold her up! She loves to laugh at Roxie and, we think she just discovered that her mouth can make funny sounds. Not that we want to document this, but we think Abby has said her first word... and it isn't Mommy or Daddy -- it is Bob. We don't know anyone named Bob, but she loves to say "bob,bob,bob,bob,bob,bob,bob,bob...." Geoff and I tease that Abby is going to be a bully -- she likes to take toys away from Emily, and is especially interested in stealing Emily's pacifier, right out of her mouth! Anything Emily has -- Abby wants -- and nobody is going to tell her otherwise! Abby has a nice set of teeth on the bottom and I think she is working on getting her top two teeth in. Nothing has surfaced yet -- but I just have a feeling, it won't be long.

Emily - She is definitely holding her own as compared to Abby. She is growing steadily -- she is about a size behind her actual "age" ranges. At almost 9 months, she is still in 3-6 month clothes, but I think she won't be wearing them too much longer. Emily has stayed true to her in-utero personality. She is always on the go -- she has slept on every square inch of her crib, you can't change a diaper without her wiggling all over the place (this is especially hard when there is poop!). We finally started solid foods with her (again) a week before her 8-month birthday. It has been a bit of a challenge, but I think she finally has it figured out. As long as we aren't feeding her green beans or peas -- she is good! (Although I snuck some peas in her cereal tonight and she didn't figure it out!). She loves her pears and peaches though -- mmmmm! ! After much anticipation Emily cut her first tooth two weeks ago. She is not following her sister's lead by getting both bottom teeth in at the same time -- she is working on one at a time! She is still our head drool monster -- no shirt can keep up with Emily's drool!

We had trick or treating this Sunday, and of course mommy and daddy had to buy costumes for our girls! We didn't really take them "trick or treating" but we dressed them up to say hi to our neighbors... of course I have posted a few pictures of their costumes!

So, that is our update for now! The girls turn 9-months old next Tuesday -- can you believe it? I know I can't! That's all for now -- I promise to be better at updating, now that our technical difficulties have been resolved!










Abby and Emily (not looking so happy) in their costumes!

Daddy and his girls

Why did mommy and daddy make us wear these silly costumes?


Looking cute before heading out!


The family with Elmo (did the girls love his fur!)


Emily and Abby in the pumpkin patch!


Abby and Emily on their first hayride (not really enjoying the experience!)


All dressed up in their Halloween shirts!


Em and her best friend Roxie!


Roxie, acting casual as she plans her attack!








No comments: