We have our 33-week appointment today -- the last before the cerclage is removed. I don't expect anything eventful to happen today, but my hospital bag is packed, and we will bring it with us today, just in case.
The girls are doing good -- I have been feeling them rolling and moving around a lot in the last couple of days. My woes and pains have slightly subsided too -- watch, now that I've admitted that in print, it will come back to bite me in the behind.
I do worry that I don't have much of an appetite. I think my scale here at home is on the fritz. I know it isn't the battery, as it is relatively new, but today I weighed myself three times in a row and got three different weights -- all varied by 3-5 lbs. Not too reliable. Regardless -- I know I have plateaued in my weight gain. Not something to be bummed about when you are not pregnant, but a bit worrisome when you are in the stage of pregnancy when your babies are supposed to be in their weight-gaining stage. I will talk to my doctor about this today.
We have a growth ultrasound scheduled for Thursday -- we will see how much our girls have grown in the last month. Of course I worry that they haven't grown much, hence my lack of weight gain. Each time I worry about an ultrasound, it turns out to be okay. The one time I really didn't worry was the time I got our biggest scare ever. I suppose it's okay to worry...
We are slowly getting closer to being ready for the girls. Geoff went out to shop with his mom and step-dad yesterday. They bought a bunch of infant-sized clothes and got our diaper pail. We still have a few odds and ends to buy before the big day, but if they came today (God forbid) we would have enough of everything to make do. I think the biggest thing that Geoff and I are missing is the mental preparation. We have all of the goodies -- diapers, clothes, bottles, breast pump -- but we have no idea what to do with all of that stuff. We have a general idea, but the thought of being home with two babies and just the two of us and all of this stuff -- scares the heck out of us. I'm sure we will figure it all out -- we are two fairly intelligent people, we should be fine.... right?
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope your 33-week appt went well -that's fabulous that you are so far along!!
I'm sure the mental preparation will come over these next couple of weeks - at least I hope so!
Post a Comment