Sunday, December 23, 2007

Revenge of the Salsa

I have always been a bit of a klutz, pregnant or not. I think it has to do with the fact that I'm always trying to do so much at once and then things get out of hand. Since being on bed rest, this klutziness has been twice or even three times as bad. I am always dropping remote controls, pill bottles, tissue boxes, my glasses, pens -- you name it. Well, today -- I dropped the worst thing possible.

Yesterday Geoff was out and about taking care of making arrangements for us to buy our new car -- a 2008 Toyota Highlander. On his way home, he called me from our favorite Mexican Restaurant and said he was going to pick up dinner (yummy!) -- I was so excited. I reminded him to be sure to get some chips and salsa, my favorite snack.

He came home with dinner and had a big bag of chips and 3 containers of salsa. Two were in small little plastic containers and one was in a large paper container with a paper top. We had dinner and we both finished the two small containers of salsa, but the larger container was left unopened. I had leftovers, so Geoff put the into my mini fridge, along with the paper container of salsa. It appeared that it was in a secure place on the door, and survived several door openings throughout the day -- until it came time for lunch.

I opened the door to get my food out of the fridge and KERPLOP! -- the bucket o' salsa falls onto the floor and spills all over creation. There were two huge puddles of salsa on the floor and little splatters on everything all around me -- the wall, the garbage can, my pants, the comforter, the blanket, the oscillating fan on the floor -- it was EVERYWHERE! Of course, we have an off-white frieze-style carpeting -- so needless to say, it was not fun to try to get little bits of tomato, onion and cilantro out of the carpet. I did the best I could cleaning it up and called Geoff to be sure to buy some more carpet cleaner.

I have often thought to myself that this bedroom will never be the same after I survive 10++ weeks of bed rest and today, I definitely left my mark that will not easily go away.

No comments: