But mommy -- I'm still hungry!
Emily after a good cry.
Emily doesn't look too happy to be so close to Abby.
Can you believe it -- they're a month old today! It doesn't seem possible, but it is!
We had a pediatrician appointment yesterday, and Abby is now 6 pounds and Emily is 4 pounds 12 ounces! They are doing well and gaining weight perfectly. Both girls had great temperatures and passed their exam with flying colors! We go back next week for their one-month wellness check-up. Yesterday's appointment was actually just a weight check. Emily was supposed to get her Hepatitis B vaccination, but still didn't weigh enough -- hopefully next week she will.
Today was my first day alone with the girls. It was rough -- I really don't know where all of the time went; all of a sudden it was 3:30 and Geoff was home from work! Last night Geoff and I switched our feeding times -- I now do the 11:30 pm shift, and he gets up to do the 3:30 am shift and then gets ready for work. So I was able to sleep through the night from about 1:30 am on, but I was still exhausted when I woke up at 7:15 for their 7:30 am feeding. I was able to go back to sleep after that -- but never quite felt like I was able to catch up in my sleep. Geoff tells me that I need to nap when the girls nap during the day -- I've never been a good napper, but I think I will have to try to learn.
Tonight I went to bed at 9:30 pm, but the girls were making all kinds of noises (those "preemie noises") and I was just getting up every 5 seconds to check on them, so I decided I wasn't going to get any useful sleep until after their 11:30 feeding -- so here I am. The doctor reassured us that all of those noises were normal - but I can't just ignore them.
Tomorrow Uncle Doug is coming back to help out with the girls (he came on Tuesday to give me a hand -- and he changed his first diaper!). Grandma Peg was supposed to come to help this week, but she unfortunately came down with a bad cold -- so she has to stay away. It is nice to have some help as it offers me some time to get a few things done around the house. I have one of the cribs full of clean baby laundry that has to be folded -- it's been there for 3 days. Hopefully I can get to folding that tomorrow. Then after that -- I might just do some laundry for mommy and daddy too. There are so many things I want and need to do, but just can't find the time to do them... I suppose it will all come in time. I'm told that things will eventually get easier -- God I hope so!
3 comments:
a month old!?!?! Holy cow! They look great, Beth! I am so glad they are progressing so well!
I can't believe they're 1 month old already! They look adorable in the pictures you posted. Hope you get used to napping - I'm sure it's tough!! I think it's great that you are taking turns on the feeding schedule at night. I hope you get some additional help soon, too!!
Beth-It does get easier! What will get easier is that you will be able to distinguish what each of their noises mean---and you'll be able ignore some of them and then know which ones need your attention! I remember that distinctly! They are noisy and no one ever told me that! Your girls are precious---couldn't be any cuter! I love them already!
Post a Comment