It's been a busy week. My husband is on spring break, and I've been on another interview. Two interviews, two job offers. I am really excited about the prospect of having two options -- one is slightly more attractive for a lot of reasons. The one I speak of is for a large healthcare/pharmaceutical company in the area known for being an "employer of choice" and selected for now seven years by Work.ing Mo.ther Maga.zine for being one of the T.op 100 Com.panies for Wo.rking Mo.ms. It very work/life balanced and would provide me opportunities now while the girls are infants and through career planning, future opportunities for when I want to do more.
The other offer was from another hospital, who is a competitor of the hospital I used to work for. It is flattering that they are very excited at the prospect of me coming to work for them -- but looking at the work I would be doing, it's a lot of what I did for my former employer. Good for me in that it is what I'm comfortable with, but bad in that it won't offer me an opportunity for growth. The other offer does.
So, I pretty much have my mind made up, I just want to mull it over a little more until Friday.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's great news, Beth! Congratulations!
Emily
Very exciting!!! It's great to have a couple offers to consider!
Post a Comment