Saturday, January 5, 2008

29 Weeks!

Okay, I know you all can keep count -- last week I was 28, so therefore this week I should be 29. I just get excited with each "week" I achieve. It just means we are that much closer to having healthy baby girls.

The past couple of days I have been feeling an increase in my cervical cramping. I have felt this pain regularly throughout my pregnancy and occasionally since the cerclage -- primarily after being out and about at my doctor's appointments where I am sitting in an upright position for longer than I am used to. I am not completely alarmed by it, and no -- I have not called the doctor, yet. If it continues to be persistent or gets worse, I will call.

Geoff goes back to school on Monday -- I'm not looking forward to being home along again, especially now that I am getting further along. Ever since I've been on bed rest he has kept his cell phone on vibrate during class, in the event something happens and I need to get in contact with him immediately. At least I know there is a way I can contact him if it's absolutely necessary.

We are trying to focus on making sure we have all of our loose ends "tied up" -- in the event the unexpected happens. I have been meaning to start getting a hospital bag packed, just in case. We are having a very small family shower next weekend, so we have almost finalized our registry. There is so much "stuff" we need, it is so overwhelming. We have begun to accumulate a small assortment of clothing -- some we got for Christmas, some from friends, and then we did order some from the BRU clearance sale. The little outfits are hanging in the girl's closet on little pink and white hangers, made just for baby clothes. After the shower next week, Geoff will have to go out on a mini shopping spree to get other essentials to get us through the first month or so, until we have our regularly planned shower -- when that will happen, who knows...

Next Friday we go in for our *hopefully* last prenatal appointment with the perinatologists -- after that, I return to being just a normal OB patient. I'm sure I will remain on bed rest of some sort -- so, not that normal. But I know that we are in the home stretch, and it feels good. I know that anything is possible, but barring some unusual freak incident, our girls should arrive safely, and have a good chance at a healthy life without any long-lasting health complications.

No comments: