Friday, January 18, 2008

And Somehow Things Just Fall Into Place...

I feel as if I might jinx something by saying this, but it has amazed me how smoothly things have been going lately. After being discharged from the hospital, I lived the next 5-6 weeks in total fear -- worried about the "worst case scenario" happening. My water breaking, bleeding -- you name it. But since moving beyond the stage of non-viability, things have really begun looking up for us.

All of our appointments have been wonderful , things were progressing (or not progressing) as they should. Our ultrasounds have been great -- the girls are growing nicely and both are still head down (I really want a vaginal delivery -- I'm not afraid or opposed to a c-section or anything). It just seems like this is all too good to be true.

We waited until I was 25 weeks to order our cribs, because I didn't want to do that before we had viability. I knew that was taking a risk, especially since the ones I really, really liked were on back order for over a year! But we placed the order and were told the manufacturer said they would be in sometime in mid-January. We were skeptical and assumed the worst (that we would probably not see them until sometime in February or March) so we made sure we had other sleeping arrangements made for them (we registered for and received 2 bassinets -- just in case). Well, yesterday we got the call -- the cribs are in! I was so happy -- of course, I got teary-eyed. The "pink room" is almost complete and now the cribs were in -- we might soon have a "nursery" like all other expectant parents. I've been afraid to use that word, "nursery" -- but I think once the cribs are put together and everything is set up, I might have to overcome my fear of using that word.

We went on a tour of the New Life Center at the hospital we are going to deliver at. It was so nice to see and hear how things will be handled for us. Since both girls are in position for a vaginal delivery, we will begin the labor in the L&D room and then when "it's time" -- we will be moved into an OR so we can be ready for a c-section, if it's necessary. We got to see the special care nursery and the regular nursery -- it was such a sight to see. It just seems so real now -- this is actually going to happen for us! I still have a hard time wrapping my head around it though. I watch all of those darn shows on Discovery Health and I try to envision myself laboring and it just seems like one of those "impossibilities" that I have had in my head all along this TTC journey. But, as I have done before -- I can prove this "impossibility" wrong and make it into a possibility and then into reality. These girls are coming -- and sometime in the next 6 weeks...

No comments: