So we have made it to another Saturday, and another week under my "pregnancy belt." It feels so good to be making it so far, when 10 weeks ago it seemed like reaching week 30 was nearly impossible.
We had our final OB appointment yesterday with the high-risk doctors. They checked my cervix and said it was closed and felt good. (The doctor reassured me that he wouldn't be releasing me back to my regular OB group if what he felt was not good). He did acknowledge that he felt "a lot of pressure from Baby A's head, down there." I thought I was feeling some increased pressure, but being new to the pregnancy experience -- I wasn't sure what I was feeling.
The ultrasound revealed that both girls are still head down and that Baby A is again leading the weight race. She weighed in at 3 lbs 9 oz, and Baby B weighed 2 lbs 11 oz. Both Geoff and I were very pleased hearing their weights, since an average weight at 30 weeks is around 3 lbs.
When I got home, I was exhausted. My body is just not used to being out of bed that much. My back hurt and I was having a lot of contractions due to the increased activity in addition to being dehydrated. (Since we drive an hour and a half to get to the high-risk docs, I don't drink a lot on the way there, so I don't have to take multiple potty breaks). Hopefully that will be our last long drive for a doctor's appointment, since my regular OB is only a 30 minute drive (and their office is located in the hospital I plan on delivering at).
Once I was in bed, the contractions continued, so I went on my left-side and drank a TON of water. They slowed down, but still were pretty frequent (I was having at least 5-6 per hour), so I drank more water. At around 9:30, I got up and got ready for bed and started to relax and they slowed enough for me to finally fall asleep. By the time I woke up in the middle of the night, I realized the contractions had gone away -- thank God. I want to keep these girls in at least for another four weeks -- so I was relieved that it wasn't "time."
So, now back to bed for another fun-filled week and hopefully my first appointment with the regular OB. The countdown begins...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment